American Airlines has announced changes to the checked-bag policies after their merger with US Airline. The highlights of these changes are as following:
- › A new charge of $25 to check a bag from the US to Mexico, the Caribbean or Central America, starting immediately. A second bag is still $40.
- › The fee for checking a second bag between Europe and the US, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, Canada or South America rises to $100 from $60 for tickets bought on or after June 6.
- › Between Mexico, the Caribbean or Central America and Europe, the second bag rises to $100 from $40.
- › Starting immediately, American is dropping a $70 fee for checking a second bag between South America and the US, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands or Canada.
- › For some destinations, American advises travelers to check with its reservations department.